My dear friend You Know It Happens At Your House Too has issued a challenge. I think it is fairly obvious from the title what that challenge is. So here are the 10 things I am insanely grateful for, in no particular order:
1. Taking that typing class my junior year of high school. Yes, I am serious. I cannot imagine how I would have made it through college, law school and all subsequent jobs without knowing how to type. I certainly would not be sitting here pecking out blog posts with one finger. I can pretty much trace all of my successes back to Mr. Riggs and Business Typing, or whatever the hell it was called back then. If anybody knows where Mr. Riggs is now, please give him a shout out for me!
2. Girlfriends. I mentioned in this sappy little emotional post here, how much I missed my two best friends. Man, do I ever. So much so that when my church announced a Ministry of Mother’s Sharing (MOMs) group forming in December, I’m pretty sure I was the first on the list. We went through a 9 week session talking, sharing and bonding. These women are amazing. I never thought that in my adult life I would actually be a part of a group of friends, but here I am planning Mother’s Day Luncheons and shit. Crazy.
3. An illness free 6 months. I am probably jinxing myself here, but except for teeny tiny 2 day blip, when I was in Vegas of course, we have all been weirdly healthy this winter. I’m sure tomorrow the stomach bug to end all stomach bugs will strike my home. But until then, it has been great being illness free around here.
4. Feedback. Whether it be in the form of comments on my blogs or email replies, I am so grateful for responses to my writing. Last night I emailed the author of an ebook I had purchased with a request for feedback. She responded immediately. I was floored and actually awestruck that she loved my writing. Wahoo!
5. Amazon and Ebay. I have been on a book buying spree since I started this mommy blogging stuff and would be broke as a joke if I purchased all the books I wanted at full price. Amazon and ebay have become my best friends in this respect. Allowing me to purchase the books I want at a fraction of the cost. A.w.e.s.o.m.e.
7. My parents. For everything.
8. Swiffer Wet Jet and 360 dusters. Seriously, when I got rid of my cleaning lady a year ago to cut back on expenses, I thought I was going to die. I hadn’t cleaned in years. These little suckers have saved my sanity and probably my marriage.
9. The turkeys. I am actually adding this despite the fact that I DON’T WANT TO. They have been absolute nightmares today. We had several errands to run this morning and they had a tantrum each and every store. Ran away from me with those shit eating grins more times than I can count. This is one of those baby book days, when I pull out their NICU album and remind myself to thank God that they are healthy, happy and yes, that they are here terrorizing me.
10. Preschool. This experience has been so fantastic for the turkeys, plus, it gives me a much needed break. One of the things that touches my heart the most about this preschool stuff is the way they talk about their friends and teachers. They love using everyone’s name followed with, “I love him.” It is flipping adorable.
So there you have it friends. The 10 completely random things I am insanely grateful for on this Friday. See ya’ll tomorrow